This is an introduction to the music of The Rise of Skywalker with an emphasis on the first 5 minutes. In the episode, I also go over my aims for this season of Star Wars Music Minute, talk about balancing meta-commentary and media-commentary, and share my favorite thing about the TROS score.
- 0:00 - Hello there!
- 0:50 - What to expect from this episode.
- 1:40 - Part 1: The first 5 minutes of TROS.
- 34:02 - Part 2: The Meta Stuff
- 41:28 - For Your Consideration (FYC) album.
- 48:03 - Analyzing and interpreting the media as it stands.
- 50:32 - Romantic music and Friendship as a major theme.
- 1:03:04 - Assumptions and shaky premises.
- 1:13:35 - Upcoming source (diegetic) music.
- 1:14:31 - Matching my timestamps to Frank Lehman's SW Thematic Catalogue.
- 1:16:34 - New intro/outro arrangement (based on "Anthem of Evil")
- 1:19:24 - A little perk for my Discord server (join us!)
- Main Theme (A Section)
- Main Theme (B Section)
- Romantic Descending Trichords
- Starry Night Arpeggios
- Kylo Ren A (Aggressive)
- Knights of Ren (Fast Form)
- Sith Artifacts (Wayfinder)
- Kylo Ren B (Hesitant)
- Journey to Exegol
- Psalm of the Sith (A Section)
- Sith Seduction
Where are we in the soundtrack?:
- OST 1. "Fanfare and Prologue"
- FYC 1. "Prologue"
- OST 2. "Journey to Exegol"
🐳 Join the Discord server by becoming a patron at any level! https://patreon.com/chrysanthetan
Leave a voice message, and I might play it on the show... https://starwarsmusicminute.com/comlink
Where else to find SWMM: